5 November 2008

Alexa Chung




Pictures are Courtesy of the Cobra Snake.
So let's discuss Alexa's outfit.
Hmm. It's nice/okay. But nice doesn't cut it. Frankly I'm fed up of this whole biker-style black leather jacket. I got fed up of my £100 Topshop one aaages ago. And so should Alexa. She seems to be in a stlye rut. I know people might say this is her 'signature look.' I'm not a big fan of Agyness Deyn's hype and fashion sense but a least she consistently changes her look. Alexa always seems to be tying her hair back in that messy bun style too. Okay I quite like her 'hero' top. The Chanel star shirt gives me the deja-vu factor (she also has a matching star ring). But it's not the worst. She is also wearing Chanel pumps.
I do like the ecclectic mix of necklaces. Personally, I'm conservative when it comes to the old silver/gold mix of jewellery. But to be fair Chung pulls it off with great aplomb. It seems that perhaps Alexa is best at accessorizing her outfits.
My point of this post, I guess is the 'fatigue factor' with this style of dressing. It was different and now it is generic. I just want to go off and dress madly- and rebel against this type of dressing. Which all Topshop girls want to pull off (ha). Yes there are nice things, okay things and bad things about this dressing. But now it makes me want to yawn. There are just so many girls in The 'Cory Kennedy clan' (as discotheque confusion has referred to in the past). These heroin/waif like, poor little rich girl, 'indie rocker' are in overoad. It seems all these girls in this club date(d) a musician or has a dad who is an international rock-star.

No comments: